- Why should I have a professional website designed for my business?
- Why should I choose Page Crafters to establish my Internet presence?
- How long has Page Crafters been creating websites?
- Why should I have my own domain?
- How well-connected is Page Crafters' web server to the rest of the Internet?
- Is Page Crafters' web server reliable?
- Why should I have my website redesigned?
- Can I make changes to my own website?
- My site currently exists on another server.
Do I need to move it to your server if I want you to redesign my site?
- Will I be able to take my site to a different server in the future if I chose to do so?
- Do you support Microsoft Front Page?
Why should I have a professional website designed for my business?
It's the best advertising medium available today. A professional website provides world-wide exposure of your business for a small initial investment, when compared to other forms of advertising.
Even if your business is local, you can be sure that more of your customers will use the Internet to search for products and services in their local area.
Your website can provide unlimited information about your company: your hours of operation, locations, and your products and services. Information can be tailored to your target audience and changed as regularly as your business grows. (Your target audience chooses to browse your website because it is interested in your products and services)
Your website is a permanent promotional tool and provides your customers with easy, 24-hour access to your company whenever they need it. It saves them time when they're gathering information: no waiting in lines or being put on hold. They can get quick answers to their questions, at their convenience.
Your website is a powerful market research tool. Through email and on-line fill-in forms, you can quickly identify new customers and the products and services they're looking for.
Your website can save you time and money by handling some of your administrative functions online such as membership, event or class registrations and taking and processing orders, to name a few.
How long has Page Crafters been creating websites?
Our first website, the home page for Marshfield, Massachusetts, was initially designed in 1994. However, lead designer, Pat Traynor, has been involved with the Internet since 1978.
Why should I choose Page Crafters to establish my Internet presence?
- All of our graphics are originals, designed by us. We do not search the web for appropriate graphics and copy them into your page.
- We are experts in HTML code. We do not use "boiler-plate" pages and make modifications to them. Every website that we build starts out with a blank page. The final product is an original creation and is custom-tailored to your specifications.
- We have a dedicated web server. This means that we are free to add any custom features to your site, such as SQL database access, RealPlayer® multimedia services, or high-level web applications such as auctions, online storefronts with secure credit card ordering, or messaging centers. We can make updates to your website quickly and easily, as you need them.
- Since we offer design, hosting and maintenance services, you will be working with one company. We provide the full range of services that you need to set up and maintain your business presence quickly and easily on the Internet. We take all the guesswork out of the process and will work closely with you to keep you informed and ensure that your website meets your needs and expectations.
- The result is a professional website that reflects your company's image and style and promotes your customers' confidence and loyalty.
Why should I have my own domain?
Having your own domain displays an added level of professionalism and permanence and shows that
you are serious about your business. It reinforces your company name in the minds of your visitors.
It is also a little easier to remember a web address such as:
than it is to remember:
Virtual domains are "portable". This means that if you decide
that you'd like to have your website hosted at a different location
in the future, your web address (or "URL") remains the same, in spite of the fact that
it is being hosted at a different location.
We will be happy to register your domain for you.
How well-connected is Page Crafters' web server to the rest of the Internet?
Our server is connected through 6 different Tier 1 connectivity providers on a multi-homed, redundant network featuring Gigabit and OCx Internet connections ensuring that our client's websites will still remain online and accessible.
How reliable is Page Crafters' web server?
Beware of hosting services that brag about numbers such as "99% server uptime guaranteed".
At Page Crafters, we feel that 99% is hideously pathetic. 99% translates into over three and a half full days during a year when your page is down. This is unacceptable.
Since relocating to our new facility in April, 2005, we have had no down time.
Why should I have my website redesigned?
Does your website stand out from the others? Does it capture your attention with original, eye-catching graphics and a creative layout? Does it offer all of the features and information that you want it to? Does it download quickly? Is it easy for your visitors to navigate and find the information they're looking for? Do the navigation elements work properly? Does it convey the overall message that you want it to? In short, does it present a professional image for your company?
Can I make changes to my own website?
Absolutely, although we will be happy to maintain your website for you, if you wish.
We can set up an FTP account and give you access to your files on our server. (You are responsible for acquiring and knowing how to use an FTP client on your PC.) You can download a freeware version of FTP here.
Before attempting to take on the task of maintaining your website, you should consider whether or not this is the best course of action. When you purchase a car, you are certainly within your rights to do your own tune-ups and other maintenance. But unless you are skilled in automotive care, you're likely to get yourself into trouble, or at the very least, do an inferior job compared to a trained mechanic.
Your time is probably better spent doing what you do best and paying the mechanic to do what he does best.
Website maintenance is similar. You might be able to successfuly make very minor changes, but if you don't have a strong background in HTML design, you may find that updating your site isn't as simple as it appeared.
And in the same way that the professional car mechanic won't train you to do his job, we do not provide instruction in HTML and website maintenance.
My site currently exists on another server. Do I need to move it to your server if I want you to redesign my site?
Probably not, unless you want some exotic additions to your page that your current hosting provider doesn't support. We can make the modifications on our site and then upload them to your current provider's server.
Nonetheless, you may want to compare our hosting services to what you are currently using.
Will I be able to take my site to a different server in the future if I choose to do so?
Yes. Once you have paid us for the design work, the site is yours to do with as you please. If you have registered a virtual domain on our server, some trivial administrative change forms must be submitted to your registrar and your site can be re-located anywhere you'd like.
Do you support Microsoft Front Page?